Monday, February 11, 2013

Photo bombing!


This quilt above is my very first quilt! I bought a cheap packet of fat quarters from tuesday mornings to give quilting a try.. I figured, if i hated it, i only wasted four bucks.. I loved it! Took me a couple of weeks to pick out a border and a backing. Then i took a leap and even quilted the design on the border!

This next quilt is my second. I was wondering the local quilt shop and found this amazing fabric that had pheasants and ducks on it. My boyfriend hunted with his dad. I knew this had to be made into a quilt for him! I did however tweak it. I didn't like those two squares touching in the center; it was flipped so that the right side became the left.



This quilt was my third and completely spontaneous quilt. Found the blue fabric at walmart and knew i had to make something with it. Unfortunately i don't have a finished picture of it at the moment. It is finished though! 



This quilt is a set of fabrics i got from participating in blankie day at john muir hospital in concord,CA. I have to put a purple border on it and then figure out a backing for it. I really need to get it finished but haven't even had the time to make it back out to another blankie day. sigh.

This next quilt is a very special one. I set out with an idea to make a quilt for my boyfriends american legion. I found fabrics i loved and set to work making these amazing "flickering" stars. I loved it but it took forever for me to figure out the fabrics i wanted to use. (i wound up with waaay to many) Then it took time to find the border fabric. I completely lucked out and found this amazing vendor at PIQF. They specialized in patriotic fabrics. They had this stunning navy blue fabric with these gold stars. PERFECT!

This quilt is going to be the prize in a raffle, taking place with all the local American legions in the area. We are planning on selling tickets to raise money for the Fisher house. This organization runs strickly on donations. They are given land on the property of military hospitals, where they build housing for family members of injured military personal. These families are allowed to live here free.


This is the back of the quilt. Its the left over scraps from the front of the quilt. The binding, not shown, is the same star fabric used for the centers of the stars. It is quilted in navy on the border and tied in the center with tan, blue and red cotton.



This lovely is my current quilt. I have quilt a few blocks done (20) however i guess i picked all the bright colors first. I'm hopeful that the pinks will tone down a little once i get the rest of the fabrics blocked out. This is Michael's Victory, the pattern from Carol Hopkins.



No comments:

Post a Comment